It has been brought to our attention that some parents are receiving texts from people saying they are from the School Nurse Team and asking for personal information to be verified.
School Nurses do not send text messages as their first contact with parents.
If you receive a text message requesting information about your child from anyone purporting to be a School Nurse, please DO NOT engage.
To check the validity of any request received, please contact the Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service Single Point of Access:
Mid Essex 0300 247 0014 (option 2)
South Essex 0300 247 0013
West Essex 0300 247 0122
Is your child eligible to receive FREE SCHOOL MEALS ...?
It is important for children to have a nutritious meal at lunchtimes. If you think your child may be eligible for Free School Meals please take a look at the criteria below ...
To be eligible you must be receiving one of the following:-
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child tax credit with an annual gross income into the household that is no more than £16,190, provided you are not entitled to working tax credit. If you are entitled to any part of working tax credit there is no eligibility with the exception of working tax run-on as shown below
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
To apply for Free Schools Meals, please click HERE to complete the online application form.
Copyright © 2020 Thriftwood School Registered in England and Wales No 07747149
Registered Office: Slades Lane, Galleywood, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 8RW • Privacy